Sunday, July 15, 2012

Naruto Review



  Naruto is an anime that has been in hype since it first came out. Unfortunately, even if I don’t think poorly of this title, the buzz that is present in Naruto is plainly more hype than substance.
  If you ask me where this hype all comes from I will say watching the first episode is more than enough. Even before ending the first episode you can know what direction this anime is going to go towards. Naruto wanting to become the Hokage(strongest ninja).









Plot
  Naruto is just like a typical Shounen Jump manga. First of all, you need a hero. Hero here is Naruto. Naruto is similar to the other popular shounen anime/manga.  He is trying to become stronger, cares for his comrades and fights for his dreams. Based on this we can give Naruto an OK. But, the characters around Naruto are what really makes it too cliche; a rival, a girl the hero likes but she likes the rival, comrades, villain, an idol and someone that teaches the hero. These are all in Naruto and also in most popular shounen anime. Plot is nothing new and will probably never be new.
  Despite this, I absolutely love the different moves. How they combined the different hand styles to create such unique(some aren't like the kage bunshin) techniques. Hoping they can refine this and it might be able to make the anime a bit more interesting.


Artwork

  The art is fine for the year it came out in but even though it is 2012 they kept the same style. I had hoped that they would add some more details and make the art more alive but the art only gets a 6/10 from me.
  As for animation, at some points it is great and at others it gets painful to even watch it. The animators get sloppy at times and can't keep a constant performance while making the anime. With such an enormous budget I hope they can make the animations much better.




Music

  Naruto doesn't have the best OP/ED's but the background music is just fantastic. It totally fits the mood of a ninja anime with it's drums and Japanese feel to it. I would watch the anime just to listen to these great musics.


  I recommend this anime only for preteens(though not any younger as it has the occasional violence). This anime would definitely and is popular in CartoonNetwork which is mainly watched by preteens.
  As for older people I shall say that I give a 5/10 to this anime and leave if they want to watch it up to theirselves.

2 comments:

Oukasagetsu said...

I can totally agree to this.
This show had its moments, but other than that it's not even worth the time invested into watching it

Unknown said...

Oukagetsu, thank you for your comment. Yes, I also thought that it was a waste of time but at least I was able to learn about this kind of anime and review other anime like this while using the stuff I learned on this.
I hope to be able to make much better reviews later on :).

Post a Comment