Sunday, July 15, 2012

Bleach Review

 Sorry for my last review of this anime. I was just angry as it was a recommendation from a friend when I said I didn't want to watch it. Edited it to make it better.

Story

  "Ichigo Kurosaki is 15 years old an he has a special ability, the ability to see ghosts. But it is something that he considers more of a bother than a gift. One day he met a Shinigami (Death God) named Rukia, who's on the run from a Hollow—a monster ghost that still has unfinished business.

Without anything else to do, Rukia transfers her powers to Ichigo, whose enormous supply of spirit energy makes him a far more able Shinigami than she ever was! Soon Ichigo is taking Hollows down left and right, and has the help with other friends at school that have similar abilities. However, Rukia's transfer of power isn't allowed by the Soul Society (the name of the spirit world), and when their agents called Shinigami come to Earth to punish Rukia, Ichigo finds that he might have to challenge the entire Soul Society to save her."



Review


  This is one of those animes that are aimed for those that like a simple plot. It is straightforward in what it does so the watcher doesn't have to think so much and just watch the animation. The Art is mediocre in this anime, courtesy of Studio Pierrot. The animation(such as the attacks) are pretty good and fun to watch.

  The thing about this is that I couldn't stand it. I cannot say the same for everyone and there is definitely a lot of people that will not agree with me but this simplicity is what I think is bad. I love thinking about the anime like why the MC said what he said or what is going on. On Bleach they simply have fights while adding some extra detail like kidnapping as a reason for it. Another thing I didn't like were the first episodes. A kid in his mid-teens suddenly meets a shinigami girl that kills him and he becomes one himself with powers. After that he fought the hollows(monsters in this anime) so that he could save the shinigami world. I couldn't really make much sense out of that but some people think otherwise so that is why I said it had a simple plot.


  The characters are all unique. They have characteristics that are special to their own character and it makes them much more distinguishable. Like the funny logos on Ichigo's t-shirts, Rukia's single bang hanging over her face, Ishida's glasses, Orihime's hair clips, Chad's scraggly features, Urahara's striped hat, Renji's visor that looks like a sleep mask, etc... This is a very good thing as it makes most anime much more enjoyable. The character design gets an A+ from me.

  As for the soundtrack, I loved it. It had music that supported the battles mood. Even though they were made from a synthesizer it sounded great with its electronic instruments making the watcher more excited and feels what the anime is trying to do.

 6/10 for Bleach. I am giving this score as an average based on people that could and couldn't like it. I hope that this review is much better than the one before. Sorry again if I made some people angry with the other one. Thank you for reading.


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment